Saturday, November 29, 2014

Black Butterfly Jacket

Finally, another UFO is complete.! It is a year overdue and it is for a friend. As soon as I have an embroidery machine again I need to make one for myself! My machine is now in storage. The designs are from Zundt and the lace tape is modern. A 12 weight Sulky thread is sewn on top of the tape for added interest. The heavy weight grape leaf lace across the bottom hem and sleeves I bought at a flea market here in France. I have 26 meters of it in both white and off white. I loved it and as it was priced by the  bolt so I bought them both. One can never have too much lace to play with. This does not qualify as a lace bit, but it has been a wonderful addition to my stash!

So here is the jacket front:

And the  back:


On a final note, the sheet with the blue from this blog is finally out of the Biz bucket. It soaked for 2 weeks. 

The blue is very faint but still there. Not like it was before. This item is now totally usable for whatever project I decide to use it for in the future.


3 comments:

  1. The jacket is lovely. That grapevine edging is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Jean!!! The lace edging is perfect for this project and I love the butterflies. You did an exceptional job on this jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete