Thursday, October 9, 2014

Five Layer Three Dimensional Heart

Isn't this fun? 

I thought I would see if I could do something in 3 dimensions. Using a heart pattern in 3 sizes, think cookie cutters here, really...

Wonders what you can do with a little Decopatch (Modge Podge). The hearts were Decopatched to a bendable middle and then outlined with a straight stitch. The five layers were lined up and sewn together down the center. Fringe was added to the bottom of the largest heart. 

In my stash I had the red and ecru fabric with French wording on it. I thought would be perfect to use rather than using a more solid red fabric. To the fringe matching red beads were knotted in. The thread used for this project was a Sulky 12 weight. 

Possibilities are endless now on what I can make like this. I think the heart turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment